Friday, May 23, 2008

No Excuses

Ok, I do not plan to give excuses for my long absence from blogging. However, I do plan to give you an explanation as to why. First off, what I think everyone knows at least subcontiously is that blogging is a creative outlet which is often cathartic. Furthermore, creativity is not something that just happens. It is, however, something that needs to be nurtured in order for it to blosom and grow.

Some of the things one can use to furtilize their creativity are:

1. An inspiration source
2. Good mental and physical health
3. A positive mental aditude, and self image
4. A life free, as best can be, of stress, overstimulation, and over commitments

Right now my life does not lend itself to a great deal of creativity.

First of all, I am trying to fight off my second case of asthmatic broncitis this spring. I had 3 days between my last antibiotic and the onset of the second bout. Not being able to breath freely, and sweating from the overexertion of sitting in a chair at work has been my mantra for over a month now.

Secondly, when ones physical health is not at its best, ones mental health tends to follow in kind. In addition, my psyciotrist ( I know I can't spell so shoot me) says that meds tend to cycle in the spring for some reason. Which means I take all my meds but it feels like I haven't. This tends to drag my disposition down even further. To be honest I have been well and truly grumpy for some time now.

Finally, I am thankful to still have a job, but frankly the hours suck! Not to mention my job, while I truly love it, is very stressfull do to the nature of field I am in. After a long stressful day, in which it feels like I haven't taken any meds and ends with me arriving home some time after 7:00pm, I really don't feel all that damn creative.

If you think blogging is the only thing in my life that has suffered you would be painfully wrong. I haven't taken any pictures in over a month, something I used to do daily. It has been a year or more since I have put pencil to paper in an effort to sketch anything. I haven't been to choir rehearsal in almost 2 years, and I haven't felt/been able to watch any of the almost 300 DVDs in my collection on my new 42 inch plasma screen TV with Dolby Surround Sound and Bose speakers, for fucks sake what more could a lad want?! There are at least 5 movies in the theatre right now that I would love to see and I live ONE BLOCK for the freekin' theatre! Do you think I could drag my sorry ass there? NO!

The biggest blow, and the hardest thing to talk/blog about is the fact that I can no longer afford my trainer at the gym! While it came like a flaming arrow to my chest I was determinded to not let it get me down. Two weeks later is when I got my first case of broncitis and I haven't been able to get back since. Being able to breath properly while lifting weights is pretty important. I just came to realize at this moment how much this one thing has rocked my world. I considered my trainer a very good friend, one that would be my friend even if he wasn't my trainer, and I think he feels the same way. So I guess we can add to the list the loss of a friend. Which in reality is my fault because it is the one thing I can do something about. I have even thought about inviting him to see a movie with me, and I just may have to call him next week and see if he will.

You all aren't going to believe this, but I just got a text from my trainer wishing me a good holiday! I wonder if his ears were burning?

2 Comments:

Blogger Redhead Editor wrote...

Good to know you're alive. I feel your pain and am going through a few changes of my own. Hang in there, Friend.

25/5/08 3:43 pm  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen wrote...

Well, that bites. But I can certainly see where you're coming from....and honestly, if I didn't work, I probably would not blog as much...becuase I am never on-line at home.

Between your hours and the way you feel, it's understandable. We'll still be here when you're feeling better and more creative!

27/5/08 5:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home