Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
I have finally calmed down enough to blog about this. Our cleaning lady, if you can call her that, (Long Story) comes every other Tuesday. Last Tuesday she broke a large glass dolphin statue I have on the shelf above my computer desk. I got it at the MN Zoo two years ago, and it was very sentimental to me. (I already checked and they don't have it anymore, and I can't find it on the internet either.)
The puzzling thing to me is how the top of my desk did not break. Given it is glass, and the statue was very heavy and broke into pieces. Thursday the mystery was solved. My camera, was sitting on my desk in front of my flat pannel monitor. I just happen to notice what looked like a stray thread from the strap sticking out over the camera, just above the screan that gives all of the vital statistics, near the shutter release button. When I reached over to grab it there was nothing there. On closer inspection it wasn't a thread at all, but a crack in the clear plasic covering over the LCD screen. I knew right then what the dolphin had hit.
Our cleaning lady is also our hair cut person. Actually, she was that long before she cleaned for us. The three of us had our hair cuts on Sat. When I got there she was nervous about the dolphin. I told her shit happens, and I ment it. She kept on about it telling me how badly she felt. I carefully brought up the subject of how incredible it was that my glass top desk didn't break. Then the dancing began, and she went into this story about how she caught the dolphin before it hit the desk ect. I knew right then it had hit the camera, and that she knew damn well it did too. Why oh why did I let it slide? Well, the crack is "under" the plasic and doesn't effect the camera's function. it is mildly annoying to have to look around it to read the LCD, but I can deal with it. Especially since I discovered I would need to send it directly to Canon for many weeks to have it repaired.
What really pisses me off, is she knows how expensive my camera is, and she knows it means the world to me, and she LIED LIKE A BEAR RUG about breaking it. If she would have fessed up to it, it would have been different. Oh, I forgot to tell you that she moved the broken dolphin to the other side of the room, with a note about how sorry she was. (Smoke and mirrors, so I wouldn't put two and two together about the crack in my camera.)
I.Hate.being.lied.to!
The puzzling thing to me is how the top of my desk did not break. Given it is glass, and the statue was very heavy and broke into pieces. Thursday the mystery was solved. My camera, was sitting on my desk in front of my flat pannel monitor. I just happen to notice what looked like a stray thread from the strap sticking out over the camera, just above the screan that gives all of the vital statistics, near the shutter release button. When I reached over to grab it there was nothing there. On closer inspection it wasn't a thread at all, but a crack in the clear plasic covering over the LCD screen. I knew right then what the dolphin had hit.
Our cleaning lady is also our hair cut person. Actually, she was that long before she cleaned for us. The three of us had our hair cuts on Sat. When I got there she was nervous about the dolphin. I told her shit happens, and I ment it. She kept on about it telling me how badly she felt. I carefully brought up the subject of how incredible it was that my glass top desk didn't break. Then the dancing began, and she went into this story about how she caught the dolphin before it hit the desk ect. I knew right then it had hit the camera, and that she knew damn well it did too. Why oh why did I let it slide? Well, the crack is "under" the plasic and doesn't effect the camera's function. it is mildly annoying to have to look around it to read the LCD, but I can deal with it. Especially since I discovered I would need to send it directly to Canon for many weeks to have it repaired.
What really pisses me off, is she knows how expensive my camera is, and she knows it means the world to me, and she LIED LIKE A BEAR RUG about breaking it. If she would have fessed up to it, it would have been different. Oh, I forgot to tell you that she moved the broken dolphin to the other side of the room, with a note about how sorry she was. (Smoke and mirrors, so I wouldn't put two and two together about the crack in my camera.)
I.Hate.being.lied.to!









2 Comments:
OMG I think I would have had an absolute CONNIPTION! So what did you do about her? Is she still employed? Did you call her on the lying? Ugh, DITTO! That would have bugged me to no end.
If that had been me, I would have offered restitution on fixing the camera.
But that's just me.
M~
Wow.I think I would have cried :(
Post a Comment
<< Home