Put Your Best Tooth Forward
I just can't believe what I saw today at eHarmony. I understand that I need to have an open mind, and that looks are not everything. But to my mind, I would want to put my best foot forward when trying to catch a new mate.
Well, apparently not everyone thinks this way. At eHarmony, you can post a picture of yourself, then you can choose when people can view it. I myself, have selected to post my picture to be viewed only after we get to the point were we will be emailing back and forth. I want to be judged by me and not some one's knee jerk reaction of view my picture.
Today I received a match. I open the match to find out that she is about my age, has a good job, and YIKES, NO FRONT TEETH! Now I ask you.... If you had a good job with health and dental bennies, then why on earth would you not go to the dentist to get some new chompers? Not to mention, why would you then (knowing you have no front teeth on top) Smile big as day in the picture you have taken to post on a dating site? I have to give the girl credit, she was being totally honest and upfront about the fact that she was toothless. Me personally, I need to be with someone that cares enough about themselves to take care of the basics, if they are able. She had a good enough job, she could have gone to the dentist, regardless of weather she was planning on dating or not.
I guess it takes all kinds.
Well, apparently not everyone thinks this way. At eHarmony, you can post a picture of yourself, then you can choose when people can view it. I myself, have selected to post my picture to be viewed only after we get to the point were we will be emailing back and forth. I want to be judged by me and not some one's knee jerk reaction of view my picture.
Today I received a match. I open the match to find out that she is about my age, has a good job, and YIKES, NO FRONT TEETH! Now I ask you.... If you had a good job with health and dental bennies, then why on earth would you not go to the dentist to get some new chompers? Not to mention, why would you then (knowing you have no front teeth on top) Smile big as day in the picture you have taken to post on a dating site? I have to give the girl credit, she was being totally honest and upfront about the fact that she was toothless. Me personally, I need to be with someone that cares enough about themselves to take care of the basics, if they are able. She had a good enough job, she could have gone to the dentist, regardless of weather she was planning on dating or not.
I guess it takes all kinds.









3 Comments:
Maybe she thought no front teeth would make her more popular...ewwww! I agree. Good teeth are so important. Don't lower your standards.
i'd be so self concious about it i'd never smile...
teeth are very important, even if they arent all your own...
:0)
Well. Umm. What can one say about that?!?!
HOW CAN YOU LOSE ALL YOUR FRONT TEETH!??!?!?!
I agree with Ellen ~ that's one popular chick.
M~
Post a Comment
<< Home