Monday, July 17, 2006

Reading The Best Medicine

I went and had that nasty broken tooth extracted today. At least it stopped hurting! Then on to Target for the pain killers. While I was waiting for those pain killers I went to Waldons/Boarders for some even better Medicine. BOOKS

I know a lot of you think I am nuts, but there are a few out there, like the Peanut Queen, who share my alfiction for the printed word. I also know there are those of you out there that like to read. However, I know for at least me, and I think the Peanut Queen it is less of a "like too" and more of a "MUST or Have TO" kind of deal.

I have been in the market for some new fantasy. So I headed to the book store while my scripts were being filled. I ended up with a big bag full of books. But the cool part was that I got out of there for less than $100, and even more suprising, less that $75 since most of them were hardback. Now I should be good for a while again. I have my mystery/spy/legal thriller section full with several books, and now can switch back and forth with the fantasy stuff.

Once again, durring lunch tomorrow, I will hold in my had a book, and savor the writen word. Nothing, well almost nothing is as sexy as reading a hard cover book!

2 Comments:

Blogger Marianna wrote...

Ok. Reading these 2 past posts have really made me cringe, I.S. DAAAAANNNNG! I freakin HATE the dentist!

Congrats on the new books, though! Do you prefer hardback books to paperback? I like hardback. I don't like the paper spine bent.

I know I'm strange.

M~

17/7/06 3:37 pm  
Blogger Im A Foto Nut wrote...

I prefer hardbacks but my wallet prefers paperbacks. I usually get a mix. Today I mostly got hardbacks but thats cause they came off the bargin rack. They were cheeper than paperbacks. I also replace paperbacks with hardbacks I get at the thrift stores, for 1.99 or 0.99. Then I loan out the paperbacks and if I don't get them back I don't care.

I tend not to loan out books. Just to family, cause I know where they live and can pound them if they don't give them back.

17/7/06 3:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home