End Of An Era, But The Universe Awaits
Well folks, this is the end of an era. Actually, the end happened in my mind about a month ago, and I have been trying to figure out how to tell everyone.
I will no longer be posting pictures to Kansas City In Focus.
There, I said it. I know this will sadden some of you, but let's all get real. I haven't posted any pictures there for nearly two months. I loved the idea of the site when I started it, however, as most creative soles will do, I too have grown and changed. As such, my creative needs and desires have changed as well.
To be frank, yeah yeah, I know my names is Incurable Savant, I just really don't have the time, energy, or desire to jack with it any longer. Flickr has become my new outlet for my creative juices. I can post tens or even hundreds of shots all at once to the site. I can then batch edit them, move them into sets. Post them in groups where they can be shared and recieve pointers for improvements.
As I have stated before my near employment situation SUX at best, so I have been spending a great deal of time on Flickr trying to improve my photography, and gain as much information about the "business" end of the who deal. That is, in large part, why I have been remiss in posting here, as well.
I can not share the particulars of my whole employement mess, however, I can tell you that I am excited about the fact that I may not get another job with my current emlpoyer. That way I can pursue photography career. The short version is as such:
If I am unable to retain suitable employement, I plan to seek an aprenticeship with a high end wedding photographer. I have been in customer service my whole career, so I think I will be able to handle just about all of the bridezillas I will encounter, and I will finally have a outlet for my creativity. I will keep you all posted, of course.
In the end, I will still post a few shots on this blog. Know that if you see them, you can always click the flickr link on the left and view the other forty-levn I have uploaded to flickr. I will also leave my Kansas City In Focus blog up. Who knows one day I may start posting there again.
I will no longer be posting pictures to Kansas City In Focus.
There, I said it. I know this will sadden some of you, but let's all get real. I haven't posted any pictures there for nearly two months. I loved the idea of the site when I started it, however, as most creative soles will do, I too have grown and changed. As such, my creative needs and desires have changed as well.
To be frank, yeah yeah, I know my names is Incurable Savant, I just really don't have the time, energy, or desire to jack with it any longer. Flickr has become my new outlet for my creative juices. I can post tens or even hundreds of shots all at once to the site. I can then batch edit them, move them into sets. Post them in groups where they can be shared and recieve pointers for improvements.
As I have stated before my near employment situation SUX at best, so I have been spending a great deal of time on Flickr trying to improve my photography, and gain as much information about the "business" end of the who deal. That is, in large part, why I have been remiss in posting here, as well.
I can not share the particulars of my whole employement mess, however, I can tell you that I am excited about the fact that I may not get another job with my current emlpoyer. That way I can pursue photography career. The short version is as such:
If I am unable to retain suitable employement, I plan to seek an aprenticeship with a high end wedding photographer. I have been in customer service my whole career, so I think I will be able to handle just about all of the bridezillas I will encounter, and I will finally have a outlet for my creativity. I will keep you all posted, of course.
In the end, I will still post a few shots on this blog. Know that if you see them, you can always click the flickr link on the left and view the other forty-levn I have uploaded to flickr. I will also leave my Kansas City In Focus blog up. Who knows one day I may start posting there again.









2 Comments:
You really are talented with your camera. I hope you find a job that you can do that will utilize your talents.
M~
You're killing me slowly! :) Good luck.
Stacie
Post a Comment
<< Home