Toothache
I the Incurable Savant, aka little german boy, have a whopper of a tooth ache. I broke my back tooth a few days ago, and was waiting until my parents returned from vacation to make an appointment to have it pulled. (My dentist actually wanted me to have it pulled earlier I just kept forgetting to make the appointment.) I actually don't mind going to the dentist, or having teeth pulled, I just have time issues.
Anyway, about 45 minutes before my parents got back into town last night my tooth really started to hurt. So bad infact that I also started to vomit. I called my dental surgen, and the dork (not my dentist) that was on call, said he didn't know me and wouldn't call in any pain meds. I called my regular dentist's emergency number and his cellphone, and couldn't reach him either.
By this time 1.5 hours had passed since it started to hurt, and we were in major pain mode now. Just so you know, I am not a whimp when it comes to pain. It has to hurt pretty damn bad before I say anything to begin with, so the fact that it hurt enough for me to start puking, well you get the point. The intake nurse asked me to rate it on a 1 to 10 scale, 10 being the worst pain I had ever had. I told her 7.5, then I puked again, in the cute pick tub they gave me to keep the floor clean.
This whole thing (pain) started at about 6:45pm. By the time a Dr saw me and said I could have a shot of morphine it was 10:00pm. Just to give you a better idea about the pain. The morphine barely took the edge off.
It was 11:00 by the time we got to the 24 hr. pharmacy, and 11:15 by the time I was taking my first dose of pain meds in the truck. They told me it would be 2hrs before the pain meds kicked in, and they didn't lie.
I finally got to sleep, and have only gotten up to eat and take more pain meds since then. It has now been 24 hrs, and while the meds are helping, the pain is still at about a 4 out of 10. I am hoping the sleepyness will kick in pretty soon, cause that is about the only way I can handle this.
Off to have this sucker pulled tomorrow.









0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home