IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE & Jarhead
I just got a call from my Fotonut Mom to say that my new bed arrived 15 minutes ahead of the scheduled delivery time at 9:45 am. I want to take the rest of the day off to caress the African Rubber Wood with Oak Vanier, soak in it's smells, and ogle it's deeply stained finish. My heart's aflutter! (Hey, but this old divorced guy some slack will yeah. It doesn't take a lot to make me happy, so I am lucky right?)
Now on to "Jarhead." I was loaned a DVD copy of "Jarhead" yesterday. I really had no intentions of watching it when it hit the theaters, but found myself very surprised at how wonderful of a movie it was. I felt like I was really there in Desert Storm with the men. Jake Gyllenhaal and Jamie Foxx are two very fine actors and should be commended for their performances. In addition, Peter Sarsgaard also did an exceptional job in his supporting role. This is definitely one I will be adding to my collection. Was it stellar, on the order of some of the greatest movies of all time, likely no. However, if I like it well enough to put it in my collection, it isn't junk. I am somewhat of a movie snob. Come to think of it, I feel the same way about books. To compare, think of it this way. Jarhead, if it were a book, would be on the same level as books by Tom Clancy, Patricia Cornwell, Nelson DeMille and James Patterson. All these authors write meaty novels, filled with multiple undercurrents, and plot twists. Not like Sidney Sheldon or Sue Grafton, who are among the authors I like to describe as "Mystery Lite." The problem with novels like those written by the aforementioned is that they are definitely "Less Filling," and in my opinion, don't usually "Taste Great" either. One small note... If you have an aversion to cursing, you may want to stay clear of this one. There were 100 times more "F Bombs" than the real ones being dropped on the ground. There was also quite a bit of lude, "Locker Room" humor. I know that Greek Chickie has proudly our country, as well as The Wandering Mind, so they will be used to the language and the behaviors. However, be warned, this isn't a "Chick Flick."
(Joanzie, just to let you know, after I finished watching the movie, I felt like "I" owed the cuss cup $500, and all I did was hear it. LOL)
So I have come up with the new "Movie Rating System" for my blog. True to my Fotonut form, I will be using 5 "CAMERAS" instead of stars.
Jarhead gets µµµµfrom the Fotonut. A definite "Must See."
Tomorrow's review will be either "The Brothers Grimm" or "The Aviator." (I haven't decided yet, but I am leaning towards TBG.
Footnote: I hope that the little Webdings Cameras show up, and am sorry if they don't. I will also need to find out from blogger how to create links, when posting via email.









1 Comments:
Webdings posted just fine!
I want to see that movie ~ I heard is fab.
Congrats on the bed!!!!
M~
Post a Comment
<< Home