What A Day Already!
Things started out slow for me this morning. I have been moving slowly for some time now, and thought I had the flu. Then I remembered the Doc gave me some pills that say right on the bottle that they make you feel pukie. Doh! They must also make you sleepy, cause I can't get up in the morning either. (No, worse than normal I mean.)
Then, we got lots of snow. YEAH! But that also makes for a not so good drive into work. I did make it here in one piece so I guess it's all good then. When I got to work I realized I had not made myself lunch. UGH, which is a pretty big deal since I eat 6 small meals a day. Not to fear, dear readers, I will not starve. I just placed an email order for a soup and sandwich at Jason's Deli across the street. They really make it way to easy to spend way too much on lunch. It is very good food, so I don't mind paying it once in a while, but $10.00 for a bowl of soup and a Club sandwich is a bit spendy. I don't know if I will be able to make in another hour before my order is ready. I am about to eat the upholstery on the chair in which I am sitting. {That reminds me of one of my favorite lines from Disney's Lion King...."Hey, I'm so hungry, I could eat a whole Zebra!}
Beware Major Rant Ahead........
Today on the way to work the news came on the radio. There was a piece about how some banks are now issuing credit cards to people without social security numbers. They said, most of the people to which these cards would be issued to are illegal aliens. HEY, WAIT ONE COTTON PICKIN' MINUTE! I thought we weren't suppose to make it easy for people that scammed across our boarders??????????? What the EF is up with that CRAP, huh? Here's a thought, if they don't have a social security number they aren't paying taxes either! If they have lived here long enough to establish credit, without a social security number think of the amount of unrealized tax dollars the government is not collecting from their wages.
Not to mention, my health insurance is higher because these people are severed at hospitals as indigents. I hate to say, grandfather these folks in, and make them legal citizens, because the flood gates will open up from the south. It won't take a New York second for word to get out, that if you can get yourself to this country and and stay under the radar eventually we will make you legal. Sheesh. BUT, if we don't we loose out on all of the tax money they could be generating. Here is my answer. Grandfather all those illegals currently in the U.S. and get them on the tax roles. Then with the additional tax dollars build a 300 foot wall that is 100 feet wide, at all of our boarders. Oh, did I forget to mention there will be a highly trained sniper every 100 feet across the top, and only one gate in and out of Mexico?
OK, the way I see it the damn has burst and we are all still trying to find a whole to stick our finger in to stop the trickle. To be quite honest, I know nothing about this issue, and even less about the politics behind it, so I am not sure my opinion is even sound, but for God's Sake we need to do something! I am not so sure it is a jobs issue, because most of these folks are willing to do jobs most Americans won't for far less pay than any of us would except.
For example, in Southwest Missouri and Northern Arkansas there are a huge amount of Chicken Houses, that send their chickens to processing plants like Tyson and the like. Most of the employees at these plants are Hispanic. Are they illegals, that I couldn't say. What I can tell you is that I know people that have worked in those plants, and from what they tell me, most people would have to be extremely desperate before they applied for work there. The conditions are horrid, although I am sure OSHA approved, and the pay isn't much better. So.... More power to anyone that is willing to work in those conditions. But for America to purposefully, turn a blind eye to this issue, and even worse to the tax money we could be getting from their wages, is idiocy of the highest order.
Sheesh, sorry I didn't mean to rant, it just hit me wrong.
Apparently this post is a work in progress. It is now 12:46 and I have finished my wonderful, but spendy lunch, and have done my best to try and put out a few fires all be it unsuccessfully. (I hate learning something new, then being left to fend for myself. Something always blows up, and I can't fix it, or find anyone to help. I feel so helpless.)
Ok, another rant, but this was one that should have been ranted yesterday. On the way to work I saw a car with many bumper stickers, which read as follows:
1. Don't disturb a sleeping dragon, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup. (kinda cute)
2. Don't piss me off, I am running out of places to hide the bodies. (An old one that is still irritating.)
3. I "heart" boys (crossed out) girls (crossed out) Everybody. (Ok, it is a free country.)
4. Sorry I missed church, I was busy practicing Witchcraft and becoming a Lesbian.
Alright, that's it! I don't deny people the right to say what they think, while professing their beliefs, but that is just a bit much. As a Christian, even I can't stand those cutesie bumper stickers that say, "God is my Co-Pilot." (First of all that means you are in the wrong seat, but that is another post altogether.) For the most part I am, like most Lutherans, very private about my beliefs. However, I don't deny people, my parents included, who wish to put bumper stickers on their cars proclaiming their beliefs. What I do take exception to is turning it all around and shoving your religious beliefs down someone else's throat, at the expense of their religion. (See #4 above.)
I get so sick of hearing that the world need be excepting of ALL people no matter their race, sexual orientation, or creed. (Then in the small print, "As long as you aren't Christian.") I guess what makes me maddest is the folks that scream these things are not the moral majority, they are the VOCAL MINORITY. Hey, if you want to be gay and practice witchcraft, that is between you and God, as far as I am concerned. I don't come and push my beliefs on you, why must your rub my nose in yours?
Frankly, it begs the question of what would happen if the majority actually started becoming vocal. I am not talking about, turning the tables and shoving our beliefs on the vocal minority. What I am talking about is working toward what the vocal minority says it wants, and that is equality and acceptance of everyone. The few Whacko Christians running around spewing hate towards gays in particular, are giving 99% of the rest of us Christians a bad name. Please let me clarify one thing. I am speaking to those few individuals that find it their mission in life to indoctrinate the rest of the world so that we all jump on the GLBT Bandwagon while holding hands and skipping down the street. Since when do you need my approval of your lifestyle choice to feel loved and excepted? To be honest there isn't anything much more co-dependant than that, now is there? I am, however, NOT speaking to the largest percentage of that community who, like the rest of us, live their lives as they see fit, regardless of what the rest of us think, and do it quietly.
In a nut shell (which is were most of the vocal minority belong) "Judge not, lest ye be judged." or something to that effect.
Man, why am I so pissy today? Somebody please kick the soap box out from under me.
I just read what I wrote, and I sound like a mean and hateful ogre. I really am not. 99% of the time I keep these thoughts to myself. I am entitled to them just as everyone else is to their's. I will never belittle you for your opinions or beliefs, nor will I shove mine own down your throat. When it gets down to it, why can't we all agree to disagree?









1 Comments:
I freakin love it when you're an ogre.
:)
M~
Post a Comment
<< Home