When I Grow Up, I Want To Be A...
Well first of all, let me get one thing straight right now, I do not ever plan to effen grow up, OK!
However, in order to keep some semblance of an income for my children and I to live on, I at least have to ACT LIKE IT for about 40 or so hours a week. Which brings me to my next problem, I really need to find another job. No I didn't get fired. Yes I am still currently employeed. Unfortunately the details of my current employement must stay in secret squirle mode so that I do not get myself fired/dooced. I still have qute some time yet before my children and I will be standing on the corner holding signs, and looking for handouts, but I can not just sit on my thumbs until the last minute in hopes of someone handing the perfect job. You know the one were I get to read all the books I choose, and take long lunches with my hottie assistant, then allows me to nap for two hours after I return with a full stomache, and comes with a six figure salary that rounds up to seven figures. YEAH RIGHT!
Anyway, I have resigned myself to the fact that I may never be able to complete my degree, but will still look for oppertunities to do so. My chances of getting a job in my current industry at an agreeable wage are not looking too good at the moment, and I am doubtful that my skills will bridge to another field.
Even if I end up unemployeed, I will not have to worry about a place to live, food to eat, and clothes to wear. It is a long story, that I really don't want to share, since it is very personal. However, no one need worry about me or my children if that happens, financially, I will be some what ok and can make it. However, I still need a job. Preferably one with bennies so I don't have to buy all of my and my children's meds at full price. Furthermore, I will just be 40 this March so I will need to sustain employeement for a while lest I be homeless when I retire.
All of this shlock to say that I have been thinking about what I want to be if I were to grow up (never), given that fact that I still do not have my sheep skin. I have decided that I will not stop looking for a job if I find myself without one, however, I will also work towards my own business at the same time. I am thinking that I might as well try to spread my wings as a photographer, now that I have that fancy new camera on the way, in March. It would be wonderful to actually do something creative and intelectually stimulating all day long, and not have to put up with Corporate America anymore.
Like I said, I will not stop looking for another job cause I need bennies.....BUT, if I happen to get a photography business up and running to where I don't need to keep looking all the better. To be honest, I would rather not have to do portaiture to make a living, but if it allows me to beable to do all the artsy fartsy stuff in the off times then whooptie effen do!
Just thinking out loud for now.
However, in order to keep some semblance of an income for my children and I to live on, I at least have to ACT LIKE IT for about 40 or so hours a week. Which brings me to my next problem, I really need to find another job. No I didn't get fired. Yes I am still currently employeed. Unfortunately the details of my current employement must stay in secret squirle mode so that I do not get myself fired/dooced. I still have qute some time yet before my children and I will be standing on the corner holding signs, and looking for handouts, but I can not just sit on my thumbs until the last minute in hopes of someone handing the perfect job. You know the one were I get to read all the books I choose, and take long lunches with my hottie assistant, then allows me to nap for two hours after I return with a full stomache, and comes with a six figure salary that rounds up to seven figures. YEAH RIGHT!
Anyway, I have resigned myself to the fact that I may never be able to complete my degree, but will still look for oppertunities to do so. My chances of getting a job in my current industry at an agreeable wage are not looking too good at the moment, and I am doubtful that my skills will bridge to another field.
Even if I end up unemployeed, I will not have to worry about a place to live, food to eat, and clothes to wear. It is a long story, that I really don't want to share, since it is very personal. However, no one need worry about me or my children if that happens, financially, I will be some what ok and can make it. However, I still need a job. Preferably one with bennies so I don't have to buy all of my and my children's meds at full price. Furthermore, I will just be 40 this March so I will need to sustain employeement for a while lest I be homeless when I retire.
All of this shlock to say that I have been thinking about what I want to be if I were to grow up (never), given that fact that I still do not have my sheep skin. I have decided that I will not stop looking for a job if I find myself without one, however, I will also work towards my own business at the same time. I am thinking that I might as well try to spread my wings as a photographer, now that I have that fancy new camera on the way, in March. It would be wonderful to actually do something creative and intelectually stimulating all day long, and not have to put up with Corporate America anymore.
Like I said, I will not stop looking for another job cause I need bennies.....BUT, if I happen to get a photography business up and running to where I don't need to keep looking all the better. To be honest, I would rather not have to do portaiture to make a living, but if it allows me to beable to do all the artsy fartsy stuff in the off times then whooptie effen do!
Just thinking out loud for now.









3 Comments:
Oh my gosh! Now THAT would be a dream job! But you are so talented that I know you could make it happen in a big way for you.
I understand the feeling of not finishing your degree. I'm facing the same thing myself in 2 semesters. Financially, I won't be able to continue.
Never grow up ~ it's what keeps your dreams alive.
M~
Thank Heavens there's someone else out there nearing 40ish that refuses to grow up! I thought I was the only one! Hey...you could do weddings...Now that's a racket! Wedding photographers charge the newlyweds their first born these days...Good luck with the search. Stacie
Good luck with that fantasy job. Don't dispair about the degree. I have one I'm not using, and my husband has 3 he's not using. Wanna buy an MBA real cheap?? I wish you the best, IS, in "growing up." Go kicking and screaming into that good night.
Post a Comment
<< Home