BAD NEWS!
Bad news for all of us photo bloggers about storing our images on CDs.
Cripes, I just can't keep up with all of this!
Cripes, I just can't keep up with all of this!
Written by Im A Foto Nut at 1/11/2006 05:27:00 pm


I am a divorced father of 2 wonderful children, whose mother died from Breast Cancer in August of '04. I have also been blessed with A.D.D. (Yes it is a blessing!) I become board very quickly if I am not being intelectually stimulated in some way. I am always looking for the funnier side of things, which means I laugh a lot. I have champainge taste on a koolaide budget. Finally, the only thing I do worse than type is spell! (So get over it, LOL)
lunar phases |






1 Comments:
Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-R
"At present, stated CD-R lifetimes are only estimates based on accelerated aging tests as the technology has not been in existence long enough to verify the upper range. With proper care it is thought that CD-Rs should be readable one thousand times or more and have a shelf life of several hundred years. Unfortunately, some common practices can reduce shelf life to only one or two years. Therefore, it is important to handle and store CD-Rs properly if you wish to read them more than a year or so later."
If you use CD's or DVD's to backup data, you should be ok. If you use CD's and DVD's and play them often, keep another backup somewhere. The same thing goes for hard drives. If you have a large hard drive you use to store data and enable the "power saver" feature, the drive won't spin unless it is in use. Thus, it lasts a lot longer.
Post a Comment
<< Home