Anybody Got A Mop? & Other Links
Why? 'cause I wet my pants!!!
A while back, I submitted some of my photos to the Hollis Renewal Center (A campground and retreat center sponsored by Kansas City Metro Lutheran Churches.) with black boarders and Bible verses on them, and suggested that they be used for a Note Card Fund raiser. Well, the director liked my work but said he would have to submit the idea to his PR board later in the month. So I figured, Oh well, if they do it they do it. The only pay I had planned to take was a "by line" on the cards and maybe a "incurablesavantphotography.com" web address if I had one at that point. I really only wanted to be able to put them in my portfolio in the "published collumn."
Today, the Hollis Director came to receive money our church had collected for the center. He was out in the lobby when I was heading to the restroom, so I stopped and introduced myself. He said he was glad that we bumped into each other because he had just met with his board the day before. They desided that they did not want to use my work as a fundraiser, HOWEVER, they do want to use my work to make post cards with Bible verses on them to use as gifts, and "TAKE ONES" for campers to use to write notes home with.
WOOOOPTIE DOOOO!
I told him that I was getting a new "PRO-SUMER" Camera at the end of February, and that I would be camping there again over Memorial Day this year and was going to try and get some photos of wildlife also. He asked me again about what I expected for compensation. When I told him that I only wanted credit for the work on the actual card, his face lit up! I think that was the right answer then.
So looks like I am semi-famous now, or at least will be soon.
I think I will ask him for at least 25 sets of the cards so that I can keep some for myself and my family. I am soooooo tickled to be published so soon, and I don't even have my big dawg camera yet. Looks like I will have to get working on that incurablesavantphotography.com web site, huh?
BTW, I have more new stuff here.
A while back, I submitted some of my photos to the Hollis Renewal Center (A campground and retreat center sponsored by Kansas City Metro Lutheran Churches.) with black boarders and Bible verses on them, and suggested that they be used for a Note Card Fund raiser. Well, the director liked my work but said he would have to submit the idea to his PR board later in the month. So I figured, Oh well, if they do it they do it. The only pay I had planned to take was a "by line" on the cards and maybe a "incurablesavantphotography.com" web address if I had one at that point. I really only wanted to be able to put them in my portfolio in the "published collumn."
Today, the Hollis Director came to receive money our church had collected for the center. He was out in the lobby when I was heading to the restroom, so I stopped and introduced myself. He said he was glad that we bumped into each other because he had just met with his board the day before. They desided that they did not want to use my work as a fundraiser, HOWEVER, they do want to use my work to make post cards with Bible verses on them to use as gifts, and "TAKE ONES" for campers to use to write notes home with.
WOOOOPTIE DOOOO!
I told him that I was getting a new "PRO-SUMER" Camera at the end of February, and that I would be camping there again over Memorial Day this year and was going to try and get some photos of wildlife also. He asked me again about what I expected for compensation. When I told him that I only wanted credit for the work on the actual card, his face lit up! I think that was the right answer then.
So looks like I am semi-famous now, or at least will be soon.
I think I will ask him for at least 25 sets of the cards so that I can keep some for myself and my family. I am soooooo tickled to be published so soon, and I don't even have my big dawg camera yet. Looks like I will have to get working on that incurablesavantphotography.com web site, huh?
BTW, I have more new stuff here.









8 Comments:
Happy Dance! Don't forget "the little people" when you get rich and famous.
Oh.My.God! I'm so utterly thrilled for you! You know what I think is totally neater than that? Just this past week, you wrote that you wanted to try something new... and here ya go! Once we decide to make that small step to change things within us, new doors open up.
Awesome!
M~
Denny's a hoot, isn't he??? ;)
And congrat on the pics, I.S.....that great news! :)
Very very cool! Congrats!
Wow....you're famous, you're famous :o)
How cool is that then, to have something used in that way, good on ya, well done :o)
Awesome! Congratulations..that's fantastic! Stacie
How exciting for you I.s.! :)
I think asking for some of the cards to keep for yourself is a great idea. Tuck them away - your children will want them when they are older.
Congrats!
Truly,
Insanity Infusion
That's some of the best news I've heard in a long time, brother. Just plain awesome.
It's good to see that your work will be helping a place like Hollis. It's truly a beautiful place, and a blessing to so many folks.
And think how many loyal Lutherans will get to see your God-given talents! Very, very cool.
Post a Comment
<< Home