Thursday, October 27, 2005

Friday's American Beauty - Hedy Lamarr

Posted by Picasa

I actually don't know much about Hedy Lamarr. However, her beauty is unmistakable. Of course, I have always been a sucker for those 30's & 40's 8X10 glossy type stars.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katya Coldheart wrote...

another inspired choice, she is fabulous...

i emailed you btw...

:0)

28/10/05 12:32 am  
Blogger Leesa wrote...

She is beautiful.

28/10/05 9:19 pm  
Blogger Redhead Editor wrote...

Oh I.S., please know that she was not only stunning but BRILLIANT. Here's a little tidbit: "Any girl can be glamorous," Hedy Lamarr once said. "All she has to do is stand still and look stupid." The film star belied her own apothegm by hiding a brilliant, inventive mind beneath her photogenic exterior. In 1942, at the height of her Hollywood career, she patented a frequency-switching system for torpedo guidance that was two decades ahead of its time.

29/10/05 12:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home