Sunday, September 11, 2005

What Trips Your Trigger, Musically?

I was just over at One Biscuit Hound and she had a post about the kind of music she calls, "Belly Rubbin' Music." Since it takes different kinds of music for everyone she asked all of her readers to tell her what kind of music starts their engines. It could be the artist (their voice), it could be a style of music, a specific song or lyric.

I commented that for me, and before you all start laughing and name calling, I was a really really weird kid/teenager, that the following is what does it for me.

When I was in High School Linda Ronstadt, along with Nelson Riddle and his Orchestra, made three albums, just before Nelson's death. "Lush Life," "What's New?," and "For Sentimental Reasons." All of them where chalk full of the old Standards from the 1930's, most of which were torche songs. For me, it was mostly Linda's voice, although the lyrics didn't hurt. The woman can really melt my butter, and still does to this day, each time I put on the CDs I bought to replace my albums with.

Like One Biscuit Hound, I will also ask you, "What music makes you prrrrrrrrr?"

6 Comments:

Blogger Marianna wrote...

Mine is such an eclectic mix. Primarily, it's Country for me. Listening to George Strait, Alabama, Alan Jackson, Tracy Lawrence & the late Conway Twitty makes me swoon. These men have such a phenominal voice.

When I want to be in a meditative state, I enjoy Trans Siberian Orchestra or Cast in Bronze (it's a guy playing these HUGE church bells at the Renaissance Festival). I can just escape from my world & go into their powerful music.

Finally, (lol, not a koinkidink), I love Yianni...

M~

11/9/05 5:57 pm  
Blogger Biscuit wrote...

You definately have an interesting taste in music, but that's what makes it fun!

What I forgot to mention is that sometimes music earns belly rubbin' status after the fact :) That's how Everything But the Girl became a fave around here!

12/9/05 6:38 am  
Blogger Leesa wrote...

I love all kinds of music..depends on my mood. I love music you can really dance too, when I'm driving, but love Jazz or the blues when I'm hanging at home. Country can really get ya going too...I love it all, umm err well except for Heavy Metal and most rap music.

12/9/05 4:32 pm  
Blogger Laura wrote...

I agree with Leesa. It depends on my mood and there isn't too much that I won't listen to. It is very emotional for me...to get my motor runnin' it has to be something upbeat..optimistic. Funky maybe. I gotta be able to MOVE with it.
I don't know what the heck I'm trying to say. Music is just very personal for me...sheesh..
SPIT.IT.OUT.LAURA.
AACK!
~L.

12/9/05 6:19 pm  
Blogger Katya Coldheart wrote...

eddie vedder with his fabulous voice, singing anything...i love Pearl Jam, when I lie in a bubble bath for an hour, he keeps me company

:0)

i'm not sure how the bra sizing differs, might try and check that out later...

13/9/05 12:36 am  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen wrote...

All depends on the mood I'm in...sometimes it's Kathy Fishers smooth voice, sometimes it's Medwyn Goodalls tribal drums....sometimes it's something completely different.

I like to keep The PK on his toes....it keeps him guessing! ;)

14/9/05 7:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home