Monday, January 31, 2005

Understanding Men 101 - Lesson 2

It occurred to me that many women complain about a man's need to pass gas . Actually, it is not just a guy thing. According to How Stuff Works.com it is part of the natural process of digesting food. Flatulence happens when certain parts of food are not broken down properly in the small intestine, so they can enter the bloodstream. When these unbroken down parts make it to the large intestine bacteria then breaks them down turning it into a gas, hence a fart.

This means that the women of the world can never say they don't fart, or they would be lying, since it all depends on the types of food one eats, and not the eater. That said, I do believe that women do not pass as much gas as men for one of two reasons. The first reason being they just don't eat as much of the foods that produce the offending noises and odors. The more likely reason, however, is they just are sneakier when it comes to expelling said noises and odors.

As a matter of fact, today I bought my employees pizza for lunch. Of the 9 people who work for me, 6 are female. After lunch they were all sitting huddled in a corner. I distinctly heard a little "verp" then they all giggled. I can only assume this was allowed to happen, because they thought no men were within ear shot. My 10 year old daughter is a bigger gas bag than even me.

I can understand that women find that dropping bombs in public is un-lady-like. I can even understand them wanting not to do it in front of the males in the world. However, I think it is a bit rank that they beat men over the head with it, with remarks like, "You Pig!" Come on now, we all do it, and most of the time they stink. Frankly, it is a compliment when a man does that in front of a woman. YES I SAID COMPLIMENT! It means that we feel comfortable enough with you to be ourselves. Frankly, men in general, don't see what the big deal is with the whole thing, so I say, "Ladies, let'er rip!"


UPDATE TO The Peanut Queen’s Lair

What a hoot! My mom has an uncle that woke his wife up in the middle of the night and said, "Wife, put your head under the covers I'm going to spit straight up. Well being the middle of the friggin night she did it. Uncle then blew the covers off the bed.

Just as a side note: I have never told my daughter that little girls don't do that. How aweful for you.

3 Cheers for insanity-infusion 's MOM!!!! What a Woman!




3 Comments:

Blogger Sprinkles wrote...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

31/1/05 11:53 am  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen wrote...

You have struck a nerve here, Mr. Savant....;)

As a little girl with two older brothers and no sisters, my dad and brothers were CONSTANTLY passing gas around our house. My dad would always blame wandering amphibians...he'd pass gas and then ask me "Hey, you hear those frogs hollerin'???"

I remember one time when I was around 8 or 9, that I farted out loud while we were all sitting in the living room and I giggled. My dad was horrified! I remember he told me "Little girls don't do that!!!" I felt horrible and so ashamed at the time.

My husband farts in front of me regularly and proudly. The only time I have a problem with it is in bed. I happen to sleep with only the tip-top of my head sticking out of the covers...everything else, most importantly, my freakin' nose, is under there. He lets one rip and almost chokes me to death. I think he is secretly trying to kill me and steal my throne....;)

Oh, by the way, the Peanut King says I do not fart...in fact, he says most women don't fart.

They don't fart because they don't keep their mouths shut long enough to build up enough pressure.

Funny? The Peanut King thinks so....

31/1/05 12:42 pm  
Blogger Amy S. Petrik wrote...

I can fart with the best of them. I have two older brothers and now a deceased father who farted loud and proud. They taught me to let it rip. However when I am in a public place like a library I do not. But if I am in the mall shopping alone, sure why not.

31/1/05 9:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home