Dejavue All Over Again!
Well, after this post (go ahead, I'll wait.......Thanks) They finally found, a.k.a. stiff armed some incapable spineless bastard, to lead the den. Which lasted all of one month, during wich time he had NO meetings, and didn't show up at the pack meeting either.
Yesterday, I get this email from the pack leader with the subject of HELP!
I have cut and pasted it below for your enjoyment.
Foto Nut,
The guy, spineless bastard who I pressured into...., who volunteered to be the Bear den leader has backed out on me. There are at least 6 boys in Den 4 who want to beinvolved in Cub Scouts. Foto Nut, you are my most experienced parent in this den. PLEASE consider stepping up as a den leader. I believe that youwould have some strong help from scout #1's mom, xx and from spineless bastard's mom, xx.
I have no margin for taking on additional duties and the best person todo a den leader's job is a parent from that particular den.
If you would be inclined, we have a training opportunity for you thiscoming Saturday Oct. 28th starting at 8:00am and going till around noon.It will be at Broadway United Methodist Church at 74th & Wornall. Theywill be offering free den leader and basic essential leader training.
Thanks for your help in stepping up in a time of need for Den 4.
Earless Shit for Brains Pit Bull
To which I, once again ad nausium, responded....
Earless Shit for Brains Pit Bull,
I truly understand your difficult situation, unfortunately I am not able to lead this group for many reasons.
REASON 1. I wake up at 4 am to start my day. Because Little Man is not able to attened the YMCA before school care, I had to adjust my work schedule and I do not get home from work until 6:45pm. After I eat dinner and clean up, I then spend 30 to 45 minutes with Big Sister and her homework, while Little Man showers, and gets ready for bed. WhenBig Sister's homework is done, we switch, and I spend some time with Little Man until they are both ready for bed at 9pm. It is some times almost 10pm before they are asleep, and I have to fight to stay awake long enough to make sure they get to sleep. That leaves Saturday for me to do all of the things other people do durring the evenings to keep their families running. As it stands now, I only make it to about 1/2 of the den meetings and pack ativities as it is. The only day that is left is Sunday. We get home from church after lunch, that leaves those few hours for me to relax my body and mind in order to start everything all over again at 4 am on Monday.
REASON 2. Because of my A.D.H.D., I must take daily medication just to keep my head above water at work and at home. By the time I get home, most of my medication has worn off. If I take more to keep going, I am unable to sleep until 2 or 3 am. Since I wake up at 4am getting to sleep that late is quite problematic. Because of my A.D.H.D. it is critical that I get enough sleep in order that I be able to function efficently durring the day. I am a Customer Service Manager, so my job is extreamly demanding. Today, for example, the first time I got to sit down and check my email was 5:30pm.
REASON 3. I am not a very patient man. Especially when it comes to other people's children. The later in the day it is, the less patient I become. As a den leader I would need to be able to give time and attention to the children whose parents just drop them off. In doing so, I would be causing issues with Little Man because he is no longer the center of my world. I know that you are aware of the struggles I have faced in the past regarding this issue.
REASON 4. This is a HUGE commitment, as I am sure you are well aware. If I were to say yes, I have commited myself to scouting until Little Man finishes High School. I am not willing to make that large of a commitment. Not to mention the additional commitments of leader training, leader meetings, scout camp in the summer ect.
REASON 5. Most importantly It will not be fare to the boys, if I am unable to give this 100%, regardless of the strong help I may be getting from some of the other parents. If I am the leader, that means I am responsible for making it happen, with or without the help of others.
I also find it increasingly frustrating each time you ask me to do this. To be frank, this is at least the 6th time you have asked me, and at least the 3rd time I have given you my reasons for saying no in great detail. (At least one other of those times was in writing.) You could ask me 10 more times and the answer will ALWAYS BE NO. I don't appreciate feeling pressured into to leading this group, and especially not in front of other parents, nor the guilt tactics that come along with the pressure.
As I said earlier, I truly understand that there are 6 boys, who need a den leader. I also understand that you have too many commitments to take on another den. I understand that you find me capable of doing a good job with it. Regardless of the 6 needful boys, your full schedule, or the fact that you find me to be capable of the job, have nothing to do with weather I am mentally, emotionally or physically able or willing on any level to make this large of a long term commitment. I just don't understand how else to politly say, "Nothing you can say or do will change my mind in this matter, and get me to make this commitment."
Foto Nut
Can you effin believe this guy? Bet me he askes me again, and you will likely win. I have made up my mind that while I will remain being nice about it, if he brings it up again in front of other parents, I will politely ask him how many more times I will need to tell him no before it sinks in that I am not going to "Step Up" and do this.
Some people.... sheesh
Yesterday, I get this email from the pack leader with the subject of HELP!
I have cut and pasted it below for your enjoyment.
Foto Nut,
The guy, spineless bastard who I pressured into...., who volunteered to be the Bear den leader has backed out on me. There are at least 6 boys in Den 4 who want to beinvolved in Cub Scouts. Foto Nut, you are my most experienced parent in this den. PLEASE consider stepping up as a den leader. I believe that youwould have some strong help from scout #1's mom, xx and from spineless bastard's mom, xx.
I have no margin for taking on additional duties and the best person todo a den leader's job is a parent from that particular den.
If you would be inclined, we have a training opportunity for you thiscoming Saturday Oct. 28th starting at 8:00am and going till around noon.It will be at Broadway United Methodist Church at 74th & Wornall. Theywill be offering free den leader and basic essential leader training.
Thanks for your help in stepping up in a time of need for Den 4.
Earless Shit for Brains Pit Bull
To which I, once again ad nausium, responded....
Earless Shit for Brains Pit Bull,
I truly understand your difficult situation, unfortunately I am not able to lead this group for many reasons.
REASON 1. I wake up at 4 am to start my day. Because Little Man is not able to attened the YMCA before school care, I had to adjust my work schedule and I do not get home from work until 6:45pm. After I eat dinner and clean up, I then spend 30 to 45 minutes with Big Sister and her homework, while Little Man showers, and gets ready for bed. WhenBig Sister's homework is done, we switch, and I spend some time with Little Man until they are both ready for bed at 9pm. It is some times almost 10pm before they are asleep, and I have to fight to stay awake long enough to make sure they get to sleep. That leaves Saturday for me to do all of the things other people do durring the evenings to keep their families running. As it stands now, I only make it to about 1/2 of the den meetings and pack ativities as it is. The only day that is left is Sunday. We get home from church after lunch, that leaves those few hours for me to relax my body and mind in order to start everything all over again at 4 am on Monday.
REASON 2. Because of my A.D.H.D., I must take daily medication just to keep my head above water at work and at home. By the time I get home, most of my medication has worn off. If I take more to keep going, I am unable to sleep until 2 or 3 am. Since I wake up at 4am getting to sleep that late is quite problematic. Because of my A.D.H.D. it is critical that I get enough sleep in order that I be able to function efficently durring the day. I am a Customer Service Manager, so my job is extreamly demanding. Today, for example, the first time I got to sit down and check my email was 5:30pm.
REASON 3. I am not a very patient man. Especially when it comes to other people's children. The later in the day it is, the less patient I become. As a den leader I would need to be able to give time and attention to the children whose parents just drop them off. In doing so, I would be causing issues with Little Man because he is no longer the center of my world. I know that you are aware of the struggles I have faced in the past regarding this issue.
REASON 4. This is a HUGE commitment, as I am sure you are well aware. If I were to say yes, I have commited myself to scouting until Little Man finishes High School. I am not willing to make that large of a commitment. Not to mention the additional commitments of leader training, leader meetings, scout camp in the summer ect.
REASON 5. Most importantly It will not be fare to the boys, if I am unable to give this 100%, regardless of the strong help I may be getting from some of the other parents. If I am the leader, that means I am responsible for making it happen, with or without the help of others.
I also find it increasingly frustrating each time you ask me to do this. To be frank, this is at least the 6th time you have asked me, and at least the 3rd time I have given you my reasons for saying no in great detail. (At least one other of those times was in writing.) You could ask me 10 more times and the answer will ALWAYS BE NO. I don't appreciate feeling pressured into to leading this group, and especially not in front of other parents, nor the guilt tactics that come along with the pressure.
As I said earlier, I truly understand that there are 6 boys, who need a den leader. I also understand that you have too many commitments to take on another den. I understand that you find me capable of doing a good job with it. Regardless of the 6 needful boys, your full schedule, or the fact that you find me to be capable of the job, have nothing to do with weather I am mentally, emotionally or physically able or willing on any level to make this large of a long term commitment. I just don't understand how else to politly say, "Nothing you can say or do will change my mind in this matter, and get me to make this commitment."
Foto Nut
Can you effin believe this guy? Bet me he askes me again, and you will likely win. I have made up my mind that while I will remain being nice about it, if he brings it up again in front of other parents, I will politely ask him how many more times I will need to tell him no before it sinks in that I am not going to "Step Up" and do this.
Some people.... sheesh









1 Comments:
Wow... he is really pushing it...
M~
Post a Comment
<< Home