That's A Wrap!
Well, we finished recording last night! We are all very pleased with the "Pre Mixed" results. What a great gift to be able to give to the community. Some will be sold, but just as many will be given to shut-ins. All of the money rasied will be given to out reach ministries, and scholarship funds. That is one of the benefits of being at a large church who's memebers are very wealthy. We don't want or struggle financially as most other churches do. Therefore, we are able to give away most of the money we raise.
It is actually the most incredable thing I have ever seen. Just recently, we were given the opportunity to complete the final phase of our organ built at a discount, because our builder is going to retire in 5 years. We had gone to great lengths to pick this guy in the first place, and brought him here from Germany to do the job in the first place. We needed to come up with at least 1/2 of the money, and the builder would loan us the other half over the next three years.
We started this big champainge to get pledges for the second half, and raise the first half of the money. We needed the first half in 3 months. In 2.5 weeks we had nearly 75% of the entire $250,000.00 donated. (Not pleadged) We are all excited to have the first half of the expantion completed in time for Christmas, and the final half in time for Easter. Our fulltime (paid) Organist can already make it do remarkable things, I can't wait to hear him play when it is done!
Ok, that was the good news. The bad news is that Our Director of 4 years is leaving at the end of the month. She announced in tears last night that she would be leaving and it was the hardest choice she has ever made. We are all sad to see her go. I believe the real reason she chose to leave was because she just had her second child about 6 months ago, and her position is very demanding. We have 12 or 13 different music groups, from children to adult choirs, a full time Organist, several Volenteer Directors, Handbells, Harpests, Strings, Soloists, leturgical dancers, Chancle Drama, Chirstmas and Easter programs for children and adults, and a contracted subgroup of the Kansas City Symphony complete with Timponist. Not to mention the big recording project we are currently in the middle of. So, it is understandable that she would need to slow down a little with two little ones at home. I am friends with her husband and know that he is a wonderful husband and father who helps out. However, he too is very involved in the music program as a volenteer. I am sure it is a hard nut for them.
I am confident we will find yet another capable director, but that takes time. Further more it is very hard to find someone in the middle of a school year. I am doubtfull we will be able to do so before Christmas, and maybe not even Easter. We have several of the volenteer directors, who I am sure will step up to the task. Many of our Choir members are music teachers and choir directors in schools, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Once again I find myself writing until the very last minute before I have to get Little Man up and around, and myself showered and refreshed for the day to come. I would love to sit here and type half the day, and read the other half..... yeah wake up Tim your dreaming again.
get.up.from.the.chair.must. shower.....................................
It is actually the most incredable thing I have ever seen. Just recently, we were given the opportunity to complete the final phase of our organ built at a discount, because our builder is going to retire in 5 years. We had gone to great lengths to pick this guy in the first place, and brought him here from Germany to do the job in the first place. We needed to come up with at least 1/2 of the money, and the builder would loan us the other half over the next three years.
We started this big champainge to get pledges for the second half, and raise the first half of the money. We needed the first half in 3 months. In 2.5 weeks we had nearly 75% of the entire $250,000.00 donated. (Not pleadged) We are all excited to have the first half of the expantion completed in time for Christmas, and the final half in time for Easter. Our fulltime (paid) Organist can already make it do remarkable things, I can't wait to hear him play when it is done!
Ok, that was the good news. The bad news is that Our Director of 4 years is leaving at the end of the month. She announced in tears last night that she would be leaving and it was the hardest choice she has ever made. We are all sad to see her go. I believe the real reason she chose to leave was because she just had her second child about 6 months ago, and her position is very demanding. We have 12 or 13 different music groups, from children to adult choirs, a full time Organist, several Volenteer Directors, Handbells, Harpests, Strings, Soloists, leturgical dancers, Chancle Drama, Chirstmas and Easter programs for children and adults, and a contracted subgroup of the Kansas City Symphony complete with Timponist. Not to mention the big recording project we are currently in the middle of. So, it is understandable that she would need to slow down a little with two little ones at home. I am friends with her husband and know that he is a wonderful husband and father who helps out. However, he too is very involved in the music program as a volenteer. I am sure it is a hard nut for them.
I am confident we will find yet another capable director, but that takes time. Further more it is very hard to find someone in the middle of a school year. I am doubtfull we will be able to do so before Christmas, and maybe not even Easter. We have several of the volenteer directors, who I am sure will step up to the task. Many of our Choir members are music teachers and choir directors in schools, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Once again I find myself writing until the very last minute before I have to get Little Man up and around, and myself showered and refreshed for the day to come. I would love to sit here and type half the day, and read the other half..... yeah wake up Tim your dreaming again.
get.up.from.the.chair.must. shower.....................................









1 Comments:
I am so utterly thrilled for y'all!
:)
M~
Post a Comment
<< Home