Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Comment Turned Blog

I was over at Katya Coldheart's blog ( see link to the left) and read her blog about a friend looking at her chest the whole time he was talking to her. While I do not know how she was clothed, and told her so, I commented as follows. Then I realized that it was far more than a comment, so I am making it a blog on my sight.

--Of course we know it's rude. However, (and I am not saying this was the case with you) sometimes it just cant be helped.

I know a young lady, in her late twenties, with a body that will stop traffic. She often wears these very very tight T-shirts, so tight that you can see what brand of bra she is wearing. Furthermore, it is so tight, and so low cut, that most of her breasts are uncovered and in plain view. In addition, they are pushed up and together, right in the face of every man she sees. She once told me that there was a young man at work that never looked at anything but her boobs. Then she points her fingers at her eyes and says,"Hey, my eyes are up here." I thought to myself, "Hey if you weren't advertising what you had, then men wouldn't be window shopping."

I find it very uncomfortable when women do this, especially at work. Where the heck is a guy suppose to look, and not get pinched for harassment? I often find myself looking at the wall, or someplace other than their face because I can't keep my eyes where they should be.

Lastly, men are visually stimulated, that is why playboy is so popular, and why women dress the way they do when they are trying to catch a man. So be aware of how you are dressed before you get mad at a guy who is oogling your girls. Just remember...Don't advertise what you don't want to sell.


Disclaimer: Before all of my female readers get mad and never read my blog again. I am not a pig making excusses for his bad behavior. There is a time and a place for everything. Furthermore, If I were a pig, cleevage (is that how you spell it?) flaunting women at work wouldnn't be a problem for me. How would you feel if all of the hot guys you worked with walked around with tight jeans on, with only the last button fastened. Then were told not to look down at their junk. Because if you do, you can be fired for sexual harrassment ???

Update: I have changed the wording of this blog in an effort to be more polictically correct. I have also added text which will hopefully make my point clearer.

11 Comments:

Blogger Marianna wrote...

Oh good grief. Get a clue, Anon. I'm with I.S. on this one. Sorry. And I'm a "gal". I think that gal in your office should get slammed by a boss for sexual harrassment. She's egging y'all on & making the work place an uncomfortable place to be in for 8 hours a day. I don't think it's appropriate for men OR women to dress inappopriately at work. There's a time & a place for that & a professional work environment is just not the place. Men & women, by nature, are going to look. There's no harm in that. As long as you don't out-right stare at someone's chest or "package", I think it's acceptable to notice a person's body. I think it's extremely disrespectful to just stare, however.

I'm not mad... I stand behind you on this one. And I'm NOT checking out your ass. So there.

:)
M~

17/5/05 2:14 pm  
Blogger Im A Foto Nut wrote...

Hey Anon,

I didn't know they were called "girls" Until I read the term on a blog writen by a female about her own "Girls."

Secondly, I was writing less formally. It was not my intent to offend anyone with the term gal. I certainly am not offeneded when someone calls me a guy.

Lastly, When I..... Nope not going there. I am afraid I would truely say something disrespectful, and that is not my intent.

17/5/05 2:42 pm  
Blogger Im A Foto Nut wrote...

Anon,

I will, however, ask one question. Why is it that you don't have enough guts to say what you want and not back it up by leaving your nickname?

17/5/05 2:44 pm  
Blogger Porkchop wrote...

IS- I agree with you. I am sometimes guilty of that. But, I will say, sometimes you get stared at, even if you are fully clothed.

In any event, if the girl is complaining and scantiliy dressed, chances are she just wants MORE attention drawn...

Ugh. Sometimes, ok, often times, women get on my nerves. Myself included.

17/5/05 3:50 pm  
Blogger Marianna wrote...

I.S. ~ While I STILL fully support you, I don't think you should've changed your blog to be more P.C. We have the option to read your blog or to not read your blog. These are your words & you have every right to write anything you want to put in your blog. It upsets me that someone with no gumption to leave their name comes on here & attacks your choice of words. Last time I checked, YOU were the author of this blog. They can click the little X on the upper right hand corner just like the rest of us if they found any of your words offensive. Sorry, I'm just passionate about freedom of expression & in my eyes, you were STILL justified to write whatever you wanted to write. I still like what you wrote... both times.

I do agree with Porkchop's comments. We all tend to get a wandering eye at times. We just have to use discretion as to where & when to do so & to what degree.

M~

17/5/05 4:12 pm  
Blogger CheekyMoo wrote...

Well I missed the non-PC version of this post. I'm the first one to jump all over any man I feel is being disrespectful to women. Anon(too wimpy to say who they are) says you referred to women as gals, and breasts to girls.

Ok, I call mine "The twins" or "the girls" all of the time. I don't find being referred to as a gal offensive. I haven't read long but my impression is that you are not disrespectful.

Lemme give you my feelings on this for whatever they're worth. When I was young and thin I dressed very revealing. I wanted men to check me out, and enjoyed the looks. Now that I'm losing weight I'd like to wear clothing that is maybe more fitted, a little revealing at times. Not anything close to what you described, and especially not to work. But as I said in my blog today, I've worked to lose weight and want people to notice. I also know if I show my chest, men are going to look because it's human nature. I really feel strongly that when at work you should carry yourself as a professional. It may not be right, or fair, but I do think that if you dress that way it somehow detracts from your work, and makes people think less of you. I am just as guilty of looking at times, and often for no good reason. Again, it's human nature. But if you show it, expect ppl to look.

Say what you want I.S. You're being honest, and not trying to be offensive. It's YOUR blog, if ppl don't like it there is an X button on the screen for a reason.

17/5/05 10:24 pm  
Blogger Katya Coldheart wrote...

ok, i've started something now...lol - i'm not at all offended by the term "girls" and would use it myself...

and if i had a low cut top on then i'd understand, but i was going grocery shopping not clubbing...

yes they are 38H and hard to ignore and i can't do much to make them invisible, but surely you guys could try to keep the staring down to a minimum...lol

:0)

18/5/05 2:56 am  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen wrote...

I wasn't offended in the least by your blog entry, I.S...I call 'em "girls", the "ladies"...lots of different things.

And nothing makes me angrier than someone who dresses for attention but then cops an attitude when they get it. I was once staying at a hotel and there were two girls in thong bikinis laying on a couple chairs nearby. ALL THEY DID was bitch about being oogled. "Um, hello??? If your bathing suit was bigger than a ban-aid, maybe you wouldn't get oogled so much, you twit!"

18/5/05 5:11 am  
Blogger Marianna wrote...

hahaha PQ Stacy! That's friggin hysterical!

I think it's awesome that GALS are supporting I.S.'s blog. I've said this before:

"shoo shoo" Anonymous. Your type is obviously not welcome here. We, the Band of Women back up our man!

M~

18/5/05 7:07 am  
Blogger Laura wrote...

LOL..rowr..hiss,hiss..ffft...

Hee hee..I agree with you, too, I.S. If your coworker had told me about the ~eyes~ story, I probably would have been sympathetic with her, but also told her more or less what you wrote on here. Just an FYI kind of thing.
As for the Anon Account..lighten up. Sheesh. And your letter D. I am still laughing about that. Do they have clothing for men that creates cleavage with testicles? Does Wonderbra make it? It is very easy to say that you would look down at the boys and tell him to button/zip up, however if a male were to say that to a female regarding cleavage, there'd be a ruckus and you know it. Especially in a work environment.
~L.

18/5/05 10:09 am  
Blogger Im A Foto Nut wrote...

Hey PQ,

My ex-wife, after breast feeding two children for the first year of their lives wore a 38 double J cup. Yes you read it right!

They were so big that when she had her lumpectomy you couldn't even tell they took anything off.

18/5/05 3:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home