Vera Wang Update
For those of you who have yet to read the previous post, please do so now. It's ok, I'll wait.......
Ok good, now you know how mad I was. In my defence, I was actually quite diplimatic with her. I just needed to blow off some steam.
I decided that I was not going to dock her wages, however, I did not pay her the newly requested amount.
Below, I am pasting the note I put with her check.
Teacher's Aid,
Our original agreement was for $X per week, and stipulated that you care for my children from 7:30a.m.until 8:15a.m. at which time you take them to breakfast. I have enclosed a check for $X, since you had Monday the 27th off.
I am sorry that you felt you were not being paid fairly for two children, because you thought there was only one child when Mrs. Principal spoke to you about it. However, when I spoke to you face to face, and told you there where two children you didn't speak up then. I would have paid you more had to you told me there had been a mix up. I can not change what I do not know is a problem and will not except the blame for this.
Since you brought up the issue of fairness, I want you to see what I should have paid you, where things being done fairly for both of us. Your lateness forced me to leave my children unattended. Which in turn forced Secretary Brown to watch them until you arrived. I will not appologize for my earlier remarks, because as your employer I had a right to expect you will fulfill our agreement, as you had promised. (The remarks I was refering to where when I told her she needed to get out of bed earlier if she couldn't make it without being 15 minutes late every morning.) Furthermore, your first commitment should have been to me, rather than any additional job you took in the evening knowing of your current commitments. If things were being done fairly, I should have insisted you not take your job in the evening, because you had made a previous commitment with me.
Fairness and respect are two way streets. It was extreamly unfair and disrespectful to me and my children, when you backed out on your commitment because you over extended yourself with another commitment you willingly eccepted over and above your previous commitment with me. It was extreamly unfair and disrespectful to Secretary Brown, who is very busy in the mornings and is actually on the clock with the school district, when you forced her ensure my children's safety and taking her away from her responsabilities by not being there for my children, as you promised. In addition, it was also disrespectful to waffel in weather or not you would be watching my children after today. Frankly, it was a huge slap in the face to call me up and tell me you would again watch my children but only if I paid you more, because you were "Worth It", when you actions clearly showed me you weren't worth the extra money.
Given all of this, I think you will find both I and Seceretary Brown have treated you with far more fairness and respect than your actions warrented.
Incurable Savant
Tonight Big Sister hands me a note in return.
Dear Mr. Savant,
After reading your letter, I was deeply sorrowed. I am sorry you have sour feelings toward me-that was not my intention. I do apologize for my lateness and will not make any excuses for that.
Then she goes on to say what a joy it was to watch my children yada yada yada, badd-A-bing badd-A-boon....
I must say, though, it became a burden to my family to come here so early in the morning. I do have a husband and a new puppy to take care of and my family must come first.
Ok, didn't she say she wasn't going to make excuses for her lateness, or was that just me reading way too much into it? Furthermore, if you are going to make an excuse for leaving my children unattended and in harms way....AND....for forcing someone else to watch them, without asking them.... Maybe, just maybe, you could friggin come up with something a little more convincing than your new little puppy wouldn't make winky dinky in the back yard fast enough, and that you had iron your husband's shirt, and give him his morning sugar like all good NEW wives do.
Again, I am being far harder on her here than I am in real life. I am happy that my letter accomplished what I set out to do. It was evident to me, that she now sees the domino effect of her actions, and that she will think twice before offering to do this again. Also, if she does do this again, that she is more respectful of those she is employed by. I can't help but think that "God, help that poor child, once she gives birth." If she can't handle a puppy she is going to be wallowing in a very big-o' pit a deepshit when she does have a child. Let us all pray she doesn't have twins! The other thing I wanted to make sure to tell you is that I think this is her first year of work after college, and I believe she is newly married. I for one have loss count all the dumbass mistakes I have made from the age of 21 to 29. I do know that I learned a hell of a lot from each one as I am sure she has this week.
In her closing, she asked for my forgiveness, and I intend to write her one last time and give her just that. I also plan to tell her that she was already forgiven before I wrote the previous letter, and that I too have learned from this experience, and will carry no ill will for her.
Thanks for all of your big ears (eyes) I just needed to get the previous post off my chest. That is if I have any readers left, since I haven't been posting regularly as of late.
Ok good, now you know how mad I was. In my defence, I was actually quite diplimatic with her. I just needed to blow off some steam.
I decided that I was not going to dock her wages, however, I did not pay her the newly requested amount.
Below, I am pasting the note I put with her check.
Teacher's Aid,
Our original agreement was for $X per week, and stipulated that you care for my children from 7:30a.m.until 8:15a.m. at which time you take them to breakfast. I have enclosed a check for $X, since you had Monday the 27th off.
I am sorry that you felt you were not being paid fairly for two children, because you thought there was only one child when Mrs. Principal spoke to you about it. However, when I spoke to you face to face, and told you there where two children you didn't speak up then. I would have paid you more had to you told me there had been a mix up. I can not change what I do not know is a problem and will not except the blame for this.
Since you brought up the issue of fairness, I want you to see what I should have paid you, where things being done fairly for both of us. Your lateness forced me to leave my children unattended. Which in turn forced Secretary Brown to watch them until you arrived. I will not appologize for my earlier remarks, because as your employer I had a right to expect you will fulfill our agreement, as you had promised. (The remarks I was refering to where when I told her she needed to get out of bed earlier if she couldn't make it without being 15 minutes late every morning.) Furthermore, your first commitment should have been to me, rather than any additional job you took in the evening knowing of your current commitments. If things were being done fairly, I should have insisted you not take your job in the evening, because you had made a previous commitment with me.
Fairness and respect are two way streets. It was extreamly unfair and disrespectful to me and my children, when you backed out on your commitment because you over extended yourself with another commitment you willingly eccepted over and above your previous commitment with me. It was extreamly unfair and disrespectful to Secretary Brown, who is very busy in the mornings and is actually on the clock with the school district, when you forced her ensure my children's safety and taking her away from her responsabilities by not being there for my children, as you promised. In addition, it was also disrespectful to waffel in weather or not you would be watching my children after today. Frankly, it was a huge slap in the face to call me up and tell me you would again watch my children but only if I paid you more, because you were "Worth It", when you actions clearly showed me you weren't worth the extra money.
Given all of this, I think you will find both I and Seceretary Brown have treated you with far more fairness and respect than your actions warrented.
Incurable Savant
Tonight Big Sister hands me a note in return.
Dear Mr. Savant,
After reading your letter, I was deeply sorrowed. I am sorry you have sour feelings toward me-that was not my intention. I do apologize for my lateness and will not make any excuses for that.
Then she goes on to say what a joy it was to watch my children yada yada yada, badd-A-bing badd-A-boon....
I must say, though, it became a burden to my family to come here so early in the morning. I do have a husband and a new puppy to take care of and my family must come first.
Ok, didn't she say she wasn't going to make excuses for her lateness, or was that just me reading way too much into it? Furthermore, if you are going to make an excuse for leaving my children unattended and in harms way....AND....for forcing someone else to watch them, without asking them.... Maybe, just maybe, you could friggin come up with something a little more convincing than your new little puppy wouldn't make winky dinky in the back yard fast enough, and that you had iron your husband's shirt, and give him his morning sugar like all good NEW wives do.
Again, I am being far harder on her here than I am in real life. I am happy that my letter accomplished what I set out to do. It was evident to me, that she now sees the domino effect of her actions, and that she will think twice before offering to do this again. Also, if she does do this again, that she is more respectful of those she is employed by. I can't help but think that "God, help that poor child, once she gives birth." If she can't handle a puppy she is going to be wallowing in a very big-o' pit a deepshit when she does have a child. Let us all pray she doesn't have twins! The other thing I wanted to make sure to tell you is that I think this is her first year of work after college, and I believe she is newly married. I for one have loss count all the dumbass mistakes I have made from the age of 21 to 29. I do know that I learned a hell of a lot from each one as I am sure she has this week.
In her closing, she asked for my forgiveness, and I intend to write her one last time and give her just that. I also plan to tell her that she was already forgiven before I wrote the previous letter, and that I too have learned from this experience, and will carry no ill will for her.
Thanks for all of your big ears (eyes) I just needed to get the previous post off my chest. That is if I have any readers left, since I haven't been posting regularly as of late.









4 Comments:
I read the previous post earlier today so it was weighing heavily on my mind. I can't believe anyone could be that flaky! Can I write her a letter too? I'd like to tell her a thing or two about responsibility. She's got it coming to her when/if she has children!
Abso-freakin-lutely! You did the right thing in standing up for yourself, your kids AND your money! I don't mean to crack down on youth ~ but it sounds like she's young & doesn't realize the importance of responsibility & committment. Yes, she has her own family/puppy crap committments, but with age comes wisdom & the ability to multi-task & organize yourself so you fulfill your committments on all sides.
M~
More importantly, did you find your books?!??!!
M~
Ok, I'm still in high school and I know that you're supposed to be on time for a job. How dumb can she be? I love the puppy excuse, I should try that with my boss and see what happens. She's such a push over that she would offer to help with the puppy.
Post a Comment
<< Home